The legal assistant will be responsible for providing support to attorneys and paralegals in a variety of tasks. The ideal candidate will have a high school diploma or equivalent and prior experience working in a law firm or legal environment. Strong research, writing, and communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The candidate should be highly organized and able to handle a fast-paced work environment.
Prior work experience is not required for returning interns.
- Conducting factual research using online and print resources
- Assisting with the preparation of legal documents, such as pleadings, contracts, and briefs
- Communicating with clients and other parties involved in legal proceedings
- Managing and organizing case files and other legal documents
- Providing support during court proceedings, including trial preparation